Songwriting Intensive 2017
4 Day Event
For those who are serious about delving into the craft of songwriting and want to learn from some of the most accomplished, Gloria Gaither invites you to her hometown of Alexandria, Indiana where she will host her annual ‘Songwriting Intensive’. Sessions will be held at Gaither Studios and Gaither Family Resources on the campus of Gaither Music Company.
This concentrated weekend of learning, critiquing, and interacting will allow you the priceless opportunity to learn from experienced and successful songwriters chosen by Gloria Gaither. These four days will be packed with inspiration, instruction, Worship, and fellowship with other songwriters and writers-in-process.
Beginning on Thursday evening, you will enjoy an informal time of refreshments and getting acquainted with both the clinicians and other participants. Friday and Saturday will be packed with in-depth sessions drawing on the unique expertise of each clinician, then the weekend will conclude with a final worship time on Sunday morning.
- The Friday and Saturday evening sessions are open to all participants.
- The Friday session will be led by Bill Gaither and friends. Bill will discuss the crafting of perfect music to lyrics.
- On Saturday, Buddy Green will be “raising the bar” for the Songwriting Intensive. Buddy will lead discussions what makes a song great and what makes a song live.
- Gloria, Dony and Reba McGuire, Buddy Green, Ken Medema and Rory Feek will finish off the weekend with Sunday morning Worship.
Cost $659 (plus $5.50 processing fee)
- Classes with all Clinicians
- 9 delicious meals
- Collaboration with artists in small intimate settings
- A chance to learn from Gloria Gaither and other distinguished songwriters…Priceless
Gloria Gaither - Honored as "Christian Songwriter of the Century" by ASCAP, Gloria is an accomplish lyricist with more than 700 songs to her credit. She is a Gospel Music Hall of Fame inductee and winner of multiple Dove and Grammy Awards, yet it is now her mission to pass along her passion for excellent songwriting to a new generation of artists.
Rory Feek - Rory’s unique gift for honest storytelling has struck a chord with audiences and fellow-writers of all generations. Drawing from his life experiences, he has quietly and humbly earned a place among the most respected songwriters in country music and across multiple genres.
Dony & Reba McGuire - This songwriting duo has received numerous Dove and Grammy Awards, and their songs have been performed by some of the most recognized arists in the industry. The knowledge you will glean from these experienced clinicians will be invaluable.
Ken Medema - Ken is a composer-singer-songwriter who has been performing globally for more than 40 years. Born almost blind, Ken began playing the piano when he was just five years old. He has been writing soul stirring songs from his servant heart for most of his life and will pass along valuable experience and insights with budding songwriters.
To register click here or call 800-406-4224.
Gaither Family Resources • 1617 S Park Ave (St. Rd. 9) • Alexandria, IN • 46001