Gaither Vocal Band Tops Sales Chart
with New Christmas Collection Release
Gospel Music Hall of Famers Begin the Christmas Season
with Timeless Recording
NASHVILLE, Tenn.—October 26th, 2015—The GRAMMY® Award-winning Gaither Vocal Band has just released a special Christmas Collection (Gaither Music Group) recording, which debuted at No. 1 on the Southern Gospel chart according to Nielsen Soundscan.
Currently available at retail and online stores everywhere, this holiday treasure, produced by Bill Gaither, Ben Isaacs (Oak Ridge Boys, Jimmy Fortune) and tenor David Phelps, features nostalgic favorites from group members past and present in addition to six all-new recordings by the group’s current lineup–Bill Gaither, David Phelps, Wes Hampton, Todd Suttles and Adam Crabb.
Suttles and Crabb take the leads on the mid-tempo opener “Changed by a Baby Boy,” penned by Gloria Gaither and Benjamin Gaither; and the group’s signature, complex harmonies round out the classic “Little Drummer Boy.” The quintet recorded “Reaching,” a song written in the mid-70s by Bill and Gloria [Gaither] that describes how the birth of the Savior went far beyond this special season and changed eternity.
Crabb’s rasp-tinged voice and Suttles’ warm, round tones come back into the spotlight with “Hand of Sweet Release,” and the group puts a soulful stamp on its new arrangement of the popular tune “Go Tell It on the Mountain.” Hampton shines on the easygoing “I’ll Be Home for Christmas,” and listeners will enjoy the familiar voices of Guy Penrod and Marshall Hall featured on “Carol Medley.”
Christmas Collection also includes Mark Lowry’s spine-chilling, LIVE rendition of “Mary, Did You Know?” a modern-day, seasonal classic written by Lowry and singer/songwriter/musician Buddy Greene. Phelps’ classic tenor voice highlights a rich version of “The Christmas Song,” and he brings the recording to a close with his soaring, crowd-pleasing rendition of the standard “O Holy Night.
This group of Gospel Music Hall of Fame members were just awarded Southern Gospel Artist of the Year at the 2015 GMA DOVE Awards. Nominated for Best Roots Gospel Album at the 2015 GRAMMY® Awards, the Gaither Vocal Band continues to headline one of the largest tours in the Christian music industry.
Christmas Collection will be featured throughout the holiday season on a TV special airing on Dish TV, GaitherTV, TBN, FamilyNet, CTN, GMTN, Guardian, Liberty, RFD, TCT and TLN. The campaign will also air in Canada on Vision TV, The Miracle Channel, Grace TV and CTS. The recording is featured in the latest Homecoming Magazine and on the Gaither YouTube channel, which garners over 10 million views monthly.
The recording is distributed through Capitol Christian Distribution and is available throughout general market stores and the Christian marketplace in addition to online retailers including iTunes,Amazon and www.gaither.com. Christmas Collection is also available nationwide at all Cracker Barrel Old Country Store® locations and at www.crackerbarrel.com.
Gaither Vocal Band—Christmas Collection—Song Listing:
1. Changed by a Baby Boy – featuring Todd Suttles, David Phelps, Wes Hampton, Adam Crabb, Bill Gaither
2. The Christmas Song – featuring David Phelps, Mark Lowry, Guy Penrod, Bill Gaither
3. O Little Town of Bethlehem – featuring Wes Hampton, Guy Penrod, Marshall Hall, Bill Gaither
4. Glorious Impossible – featuring Adam Crabb, David Phelps, Wes Hampton, Todd Suttles, Bill Gaither
5. Little Drummer Boy – featuring Todd Suttles, David Phelps, Wes Hampton, Adam Crabb, Bill Gaither
6. I’ll Be Home for Christmas – featuring Wes Hampton, Guy Penrod, Marshall Hall, Bill Gaither
7. Mary, Did You Know? – featuring Mark Lowry, Michael English, David Phelps, Wes Hampton, Bill Gaither
8. Reaching – featuring Adam Crabb, David Phelps, Wes Hampton, Todd Suttles, Bill Gaither
9. Carol Medley – featuring Wes Hampton, Guy Penrod, Marshall Hall, Bill Gaither
10. Hand of Sweet Release – featuring Adam Crabb, David Phelps, Wes Hampton, Todd Suttles, Bill Gaither
11. Go Tell It on the Mountain – featuring David Phelps, Wes Hampton, Adam Crabb, Todd Suttles, Bill Gaither
12. O Holy Night – featuring David Phelps
ABOUT THE GAITHER VOCAL BAND
The Gaither Vocal Band has been making music since the early 80s when four men gathered around a piano before a Bill Gaither Trio concert and began harmonizing on the quartet classic “Your First Day in Heaven.” More than a quarter century later, the list of men who have comprised the Gaither Vocal Band over the years reads like a “Who’s Who” among gospel music’s best-loved male voices.
One of the most lauded and award-winning groups in gospel music garnering five GRAMMY® nominations, two GRAMMY® Awards and 18 Dove Awards, these Gospel Music Association (GMA) Hall of Fame honorees continue to headline one of the largest tours in the field of Christian music annually; and their groundbreaking successes continue to raise the standard in male harmony. The group is now comprised of Bill Gaither, David Phelps, Wes Hampton, Todd Suttles and Adam Crabb.